Desert Car Kings Debuts – Desert Valley Auto Parts

January 27, 2011 - 22,545 views

On Saturday, a Discovery Channel camera crew will be filming at the Five Star Auto Auction, 22454 North 21st Avenue, when more than 250 rides, including a 1968 Dodge Charger and a 1950 Cadillac, are sold to dealers during the open-to-the-public event. The gates open at 7 a.m. for the auction that takes place from 8 a.m. to noon. For more info, check out www.5starautoauction.com/classics.

Tags: , , ,

36 Responses to “ Desert Car Kings Debuts – Desert Valley Auto Parts ”

1. Mark Jones on January 27, 2011 at 6:33 pm

I can’t believe that Discovery Channel would broadcast such a poorly produced show. The premier was lame at best, there was no story of substance, the movements of the cameras made you feel dizzy, Desert Car Kings is a Desert Car Pig.

Throw it away – it is a waste of your time.

2. Patty on January 27, 2011 at 10:05 pm

I watched this last night… and I liked it. I recorded it for my hubby… he loves these old rigs. Our 27 year old son watched it with me. He is a junkyard guy like the hubby. DO NOT THROW IT AWAY…. it is a keeper!

3. Jim McKay on February 1, 2011 at 3:32 am

I watched the recent show of the 1965 T’Bird being restored.
    Correct me if I am wrong, but the 1965 Cadillac that was purchased from another yard was misidentified.

I believe the car in the show, was actually a 1966 Cadillac.

4. Ralph on February 10, 2011 at 10:41 am

Nice show, I’m proud of those Arizona guys.

5. Gabriel Gomez on February 10, 2011 at 11:46 am

I like your show I’m looking for parts for A 66 ford two door hard top fast back parts I’m looking for a dash pad and the plastic dash cover that’s under the speedometer and for all those lames hating on the show you can go kick rocks.

6. mike zilick on February 13, 2011 at 12:28 am

awesome show.all you purest’s..STOP THE KNITPICKING !!!!
    anything that gives us car guys a glimpse into the good ol’ days ROCKS !!!!!!!!! KEEP THE SHOW….and where can i get some of thier t-shirts ??

7. Marc Kosko on February 22, 2011 at 5:28 am

I think the show is great,caught the first episode last night. Being a car nut since I was 4 years old a trip to the salvage yard always catches my attention. Keep the episodes coming.As for the nay sayers who don’t like it just change the channel.

8. JOHN G on February 22, 2011 at 11:26 am

I’d like to see more of the engine rebuilding when they’re restoring
    old cars.

9. Dale Knepshield on February 24, 2011 at 10:32 pm

My wife (Clare) and me are interested in your auction, “to purchase” thanks, Great show, we really love it…
    Dale/Clare …

10. Dale Knepshield on February 24, 2011 at 10:34 pm

We are really interested in your auction, we would really love to bid , hope-ing to win one of your cars/and or trucks…thanks Dale& Clare…

11. Susie on February 27, 2011 at 2:01 am

I LOVE this show. My husband is always making me watch car shows and honestly this is the first one that keeps my attention. The cars are just flawless when their done, their yard is amazing and looks like a museum for classic cars, also watching the young McClure ,Jason, is a extra treat for me. He is so damn good looking and is really funny!! Discovery needs to keep this show going.

12. Bill McDonnell on February 28, 2011 at 4:29 am

My entire family watches the show. We really like it. I hope to find a 68-72 Pontiac GTO or Olds 442 of the same year.
    This show is a hit for all ages.
    Have a contest to win a trip for father & son or for 2 to come out and pick out a car! Just a idea!
    Keep the show going :)

13. mike siegel on March 9, 2011 at 1:34 am

I am very interested in being able to get a phone number tori can register as a phone buyer my name is Mike Siegel and I have watched your show many times and there were several cars at you auction that I would’ve been very interested in I have traced several of your webpages and cannot find the phone number to war I can get in touch with you so I can be notified of when and where and what time your auctions are what you are selling and being able to bid on them thank you Mike Siegel. My phone number if you wish to get in touch with me is area code 281 910 0552 and you have my e-mail address on the legal reply on your webpage expected here from you soon thank you very much Mike Siegel

14. anthony summo on March 11, 2011 at 5:40 pm

i recently watched the show with the 50 desoto and one of the gentlemen was searching for a window swamp cooler for the vechicle and found one in really bad shape im writing because i have another one with part of original box and is in mint shape was wondering if you are interested in this item and i would be open to trade for work on my 47 mercury let me know thxs tony

15. Russ on March 24, 2011 at 10:12 am

i love your show to see guys like you . to never let a old car down. i just want thank you for saving the ones you can .i’m still looking for my dream car 68 chevelle ss 396 that i can drive every day …..thank again good job on the 69 GTO keep it up

16. Judy Nauta on March 25, 2011 at 10:55 am

I really enjoy your show but the real appeal is locating hard to find auto parts.I was looking for parts for a 1966 chevy C10 pickup. How and where do I inquire about parts?

17. tonya on March 30, 2011 at 7:57 am

I watched your show we really enjoyed it. I was wondering if you could help us find some parts for a 1964 ford gallaxy 500 sedan , it has a 289 we are looking for a tarnsmisson it has the cruise-a-matic 5 bolt bellhouseing. We are also looking for bumbers. If you or anyone could help us e-mail me .Thank You keep up the show we love it….

18. Nick on March 30, 2011 at 8:29 am

Just watched the 64 Cuda restoration. Nice job on a neat looking car! Just wanted to know how the original car started off as a Slant 6 engine and the finished car ended up with a 273 V8 without ever mention of the engine swap:)

19. Jim on March 30, 2011 at 10:01 am

Happy with show. Not everyone can drop the huge bucks in classic cars and this is a good education of what you get into when you decide to invest in classic cars on a budget. Buying these cars from $5000- $25000 is a good alternative to buying the off frame restoration with all matching numbers, which would double and triple the value. Brings back the memories of a 1965 Buick Special Convertible I had and wish I still had. Keep the show going and expand the cars they fix up and put these classics back on the road for everyone to see.

20. Jeff on March 30, 2011 at 10:27 am

The show rocks my the world but u forgot about the 1964 Chevelle El Camino when u where restoring the 66 chevelle SS conv. The El Camino also had SS and were bad 2 the bone. These are hard to find parts with no after market reproduction parts available except for the front end and other minor components. If u have any 64 el cam. contact me. Keep the show Rollin.

21. Tom Cetkowski Sr on March 30, 2011 at 11:31 am

I don’t love the show, but like it. I think I have seen all the episodes. I have restored a few cars & trucks in my 50 years of auto & trucks mechanic. These guys pick some nice cars to work on. For what I see on the show is 4 men working on these cars in 2 and 3 week dieline before an auction. The way they prepair the cars, the paint and plastic or bondo will be poping off of the cars in 4 to 5 yaer if not soonner. The cars should be soda blasted of all the rust. You can sand down to shinning medal all you want but you do not get all of the rust out. “One coat of paint will hide a multitude of sins”. I hear people say the cars are flawless this is not true, they don’t know what they are talking about. I will keep watching the show to see if they get any better at there restorations. I would like to see the OVERHAULIN show back on the air.

22. art on March 31, 2011 at 7:32 pm

I like any show that shows cars being restored. I’ve only sen it a few times but will keep on watching it. I wish they would go a little more into detail

23. Jeffery McKee on April 13, 2011 at 8:49 pm

we are looking for parts for a 1952 chevrolet car sedan. phone number is 423-753-8584 thank you becky

24. JOSHUA GRAy on April 24, 2011 at 12:16 pm

hey my mom has a 73 chevy lugna we need the parts for the hood and the finders is their any one that can please help us 573-268-0686

25. Dennis Lin on April 28, 2011 at 3:01 pm

You guys are great! This show rocks!!!
    I am one of your average classic car nut who can only dream of an awesome rebuild like in Overhaulin. Of course those are next to impossible to attain. Your show gives us inspiration that the old clunkers can be rebuild and put back on the road with realistic budgets. I call your show “Poorman’s Overhaulin”. Keep up the great work. You got a diehard fan right here. Please do more classis pick up truck restorations. I hope to go to one of your auctions and bid on your cars someday. :)

26. william young on June 8, 2011 at 7:47 am

I really love the show when i get a chanse to wach it. I am in the military and from AZ also but down south for you all. keap up the good work on the old cars they are keapers. I hope some day when i get the chance i can come down to the shop and say hi to everyone on the show. all take car and keap up the good work.

William

27. Bill on June 21, 2011 at 2:32 pm

I like the show but the one thing i have been looking forward to these old legends brought back to life there is no feeling like driving an american made classic

28. [...] Desert Valley Auto Parts – Desert Car Kings Debuts | RadioGodz … Desert Valley Junkyard Car Kings Backyards" title=" Desert Valley Junkyard Car Kings Backyards" width="543" style="border:none"> Desert Valley Aauto Parts | A-Pakistan News Desert Valley Junkyard Car Kings Backyards" title=" Desert Valley Junkyard Car Kings Backyards" width="543" style="border:none"> Desert Car Kings : Discovery Channel UK Desert Valley Junkyard Car Kings Backyards" title=" Desert Valley Junkyard Car Kings Backyards" width="543" style="border:none"> Desert Valley Auto Parts – Desert Car Kings Debuts | RadioGodz …Description : The Arizona-based reality show Desert Car Kings debuts tonight on the Discovery Channel. the McClure family, who own Desert Valley Auto Parts, will be the… … the McClure family, who own Desert Valley Auto Parts, will be the main characters in Desert Car Kings. The cable television series, which premiers tonight at 11 p.m. local time, follows the family as they scour junkyards, backyards, and random sites for classical autos and rare car parts. …http://radiogodz.com/desert-ca .. [...]

29. kenneth on December 11, 2011 at 6:55 am

i need a right side bed part the whold right fender for a 1966 short bed fleetside c10 truck you got one and how much if you have thanks
    if you have can you check on the shiping [please

30. Carl on May 10, 2012 at 1:44 am

Looking for seat rails and a 15′rim for my 1965 thunderbird, If you would let me know the cost of the parts and the shipping cost. on the seat rails i need both sides, I have just the seats to my car right now. If you guys can get back to me on these I would be doing back flips.Thankyou for your time.

31. Owen on May 16, 2012 at 7:27 am

Do you restore for other people or do you do it only for yourself?
    I have a 1950 chevy convertible that needs restored.

32. Shop From Us on July 20, 2012 at 2:55 am

Wow, incredible blog layout! How long have you been running a blog for? you made running a blog glance easy. The total look of your site is great, as smartly as the content!

33. Aleydis, auto leasen on December 1, 2012 at 1:26 am

Somebody necessarily assist to make critically posts I would state. This is the first time I frequented your web page and so far? I amazed with the research you made to make this actual submit incredible. Fantastic activity!

34. kevin rachford on April 2, 2013 at 5:01 am

im looking for a 68 to 72 nova project to rebuild

35. car on May 3, 2013 at 8:38 am

You can take a wet and wild ride on the shores of San Martin Lake; make time for a loving honeymoon.
    How to Have the Best Family Escape There is so much culture to experience
    a once-in-a-lifetime adventure as the link from downtown to the
    mid-fifties. It was basically one big parking lot.

Been producing fine wines since 1916.

36. money on July 23, 2013 at 4:46 pm

There are over the counter treatments or expensive drugs that
    people get prescriptions for through the improvement of technology,
    very wide range of types of human papilloma virus
    involved. In case your timetable is open, think about acquiring your procedure performed
    on an on-phone basis. Just choose the method that will
    suit you better and you’re on your diet plan.